Monday, January 11, 2016

#PIT2PUB SUCCESS STORY - N.J. YOUNG



What is your name/pen name?
Pen name: N.J. Young

What do you write? Genre?
Erotic Romance and Erotic Suspense (ménage)

 Tell us about yourself:
I’ve been writing for years, but I’ve never had the guts to submit my work. I left corporate America this year, and decided to go after my dream of becoming an author. I also knew that I wanted my career to be centered around books, so I took a job as a line editor for a different publisher. Not only do I write books, but I also get paid to read books! I love it!

I live in the Kansas City area with my husband and two children. I enjoy having a career where I can work from home and be available for my kids!

What prompted you to pitch your book in #Pit2Pub?
I got laid off from my job in corporate America after the company I worked for downsized. I had literally just finished editing my book and getting it ready to submit. #Pit2Pub was happening the week after I was laid off, and I honestly think it was fate intervening. I decided why not go for it. I am so thrilled with how things worked out. This isn’t where I thought my life would be a year ago, but honestly, I couldn’t be happier!

Tell about your #Pit2Pub experience.
I was SO nervous on the day of #Pit2Pub. I had several tweets ready to go in advance, and after nervously hitting post on my first tweet that day, I was shocked and thrilled to get a favorite only ten minutes later. Going in, I was hoping for one or two favorites, but by the end of the day, I had seven favorites! That was beyond what I’d dreamed! After researching those publishers, I submitted to five of them. From those five, I received two offers in less than a month!

Which publisher did you sign with?
I ended up signing with Evernight Publishing. I was thrilled with both of the publishers who made me offers, so it was a very difficult decision for me. In the end, I decided that Evernight was the right home for Double Down. But each person has to decide which publisher is right for them and their book. Remember, not only is the publisher choosing to work with you, but you are choosing to work with them as well. Make sure to research a publisher before you accept an offer. I couldn’t be more thrilled with Evernight!!

 Tell us about your upcoming book.
Double Down is the first book in my Ozark Magic series. It’s a ménage erotic suspense novel, and it’s set in the fictional town of Magic, Missouri, which is located in the Lake of the Ozarks. Here is the description of the book:

Izzy Craig might live in a town called Magic, but her life is anything but. After nursing her beloved grandfather, he has passed away, leaving her to manage a busy lake resort and an unrequited crush on the town’s sheriff, Graham Nolan. Things start to look up when Graham’s estranged brother Chris comes to town. If she can’t have one handsome Nolan man, maybe his twin will do. 

Graham’s feelings for Izzy have always been complicated . . . and intense. When he realizes that his brother has encroached on his territory, he’s not sure if he can deal. They’ve tried sharing a woman before, and that ended in heartache for everyone. But when Izzy’s sketchy uncle enters the picture, Graham’s cop senses go on high alert. He may very well have to trust his brother, Izzy, and himself, if he wants to keep the woman he loves safe.

When is your book scheduled to be released?
It has been a very busy few months for me. My first book, Double Down, was released on November 9th. It’s the first book in my Ozark Magic series, and I am hard at work on the second book in that series, In Too Deep, which I hope will be out in the first part of 2016.

In addition, I’ve also been working on a series of novellas. That series is entitled Love With a Price. I have the first three novellas already contracted with Evernight! The first one, A Hero Inside, will be released on December 23rd!

What is at the top of your bucket list?
Professionally, my goal is to one day make the USA Today or New York Times bestseller list. That is definitely tops on my bucket list!

Personally, my family and I have started to do a little more travelling as my children have gotten older. (They are currently ages 13 and 10.) We have not yet gone to Europe. Before the kids graduate from high school, I would really like to take them to Europe.

Parting words for other authors?
The best advice I can give you is to never never give up! Never stop writing. And when you do write, don’t write with the reader or the editor over your shoulder. Write because you love to write and because you love your story. If you keep doing that, it will work out for you!



CONTACT LINKS:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/NJYoungauthor
Twitter: twitter.com/NeilaRocks
Website/Blog: njyoungauthor.wordpress.com
Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/NJYoung



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me on your blog today!! :-) And thank you so much for organizing #Pit2Pub and giving a chance to some great new writers! :-)

    ReplyDelete