Wednesday, February 25, 2015

BACK TO SCHOOL

Next Wednesday, I'll be leading an author panel in front of eager young writers at the middle school in Altoona, WI.
These are the lovely authors who will be joining me.




MIKE KALMBACH
Mike grew up in a forest near Lake Michigan where he spent his summers chasing wizards and battling evil ogres. He'll often share stories from his past, and some of them are even true.

After time dragged him from childhood, Mike moved into freelance editing, helping other authors improve dozens of stories. During the daylight hours, he writes software to help with genetics research. He leads the Rochester MN Writing group and often speaks on topics from writing and editing to engineering and robotics.

Luckily, Mike now has two sons, so he has plenty of excuses to set down the pen and play. He lives in Minnesota where he, his family, and a band of pirates can still be found battling ogres, dust bunnies, and even the occasional dragon.

Twitter: @mikekalmbach




KRISTIN VAN RISSEGHEM
I grew up in Hastings, Minnesota with my parents and older sister. After receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in Paralegal and Corrections (double major) from Winona State University; I worked as a Paralegal for various law firms around the Twin Cities for 14 years. I left the legal field to become a Senior Buyer for a technology company.

Currently, I live in Eagan with my husband and 2 Calico cats. I love attending book clubs, going shopping, and hanging out with friends. Purses and shoes are my weaknesses and I probably have way too many of both.

Being an avid reader of YA and Women's Literature stories, I still find the time to read a ton of books in between writing. My first book, The Guardian, a Sword & Stilettos, will be published in May 2015 by Distinguished Press




DEREK SULLIVAN
I live in Kasson, Minnesota, with my wonderful wife, Beth, a 4-year old daredevil named Charlie, 1-year-old twin boys named Henry and Jack, a 12-year old attack cat named Gracie and a 9-year old dog named Ernie, who is the twins’ favorite toy.

I am a graduate of the MFA creative writing program at Hamline University as well as an award-winning reporter at the Rochester Post-Bulletin. As a reporter, I have written more than 1,000 stories about the lives of teenagers. While at Hamline, I wrote two books. Writing my first book was a learning experience. I made many, many mistakes, but luckily I learned from them and my second book BIGGIE will be released by Albert Whitman Teen in March 2015!

I love watching sports, movies, HBO television shows and playing basketball. I also love to sing, but promised my family to only pretend to be a rock star when no one is looking.

Website: derekesullivan.com
Twitter: @DerekESullivan




ANN M. NOSER, DVM

Growing up an only child, I learned to entertain myself.  During summer vacations, my greatest form of exercise consisted of turning the pages of a book.  Now I’m all grown up, and full of stories half-written in my head.  I have to write them down so I can find out what happens next.

Published How to Date Dead Guys with Curiosity Quills last summer, and have two more books on the way.

Originally from Eau Claire, I now reside in Rochester, MN. Another fun fact: one of your teachers, Mrs. Colleen Chmelik, is my lifelong friend. And, yes, she was always this awesome.

Website:  http://www.annmnoser.com
Twitter:  @AnnMNoser



No comments:

Post a Comment